Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator
Position Summary: The Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator (TTC) will provide support to the Training and Technical Assistance department specifically and the organization’s learning and development activities in general. The TTC will act as a liaison between GEMS and organizations that contract for training services and facilitate the logistical process. The TTC will also use project management skills to ensure that all trainings are administered effectively. Successful candidates will have an understanding of federal and/or state contracts, and will have practical experience with coordinating events.
Tasks and Responsibilities: This statement of duties is for purpose of identifying this position but it is not limited to:
- Update and maintain training materials in collaboration with Training and Technical Assistance Manager.
- Assist with evaluating and modify existing curriculum modules to meet the needs of recipient organizations
- Develop new T/TA curriculum/materials in collaboration with the Training and Technical Assistance Manager; Training and Technical Assistance Director and Chief Executive Officer
- Design pre & post tests with the Training Manager
- Lead the design and development of training programs for staff to enhance their presentation and training skills
- Assisting with the scheduling of training sessions, and notifying all relevant parties
- Coordinate registration of participants for trainings
- Manage Travel Arrangements for Training Department
- In collaboration with the CEO Assistant, coordinate Chief Executive Officer travel arrangements
- Manage Training department calendar
- Prepare training modules for upcoming trainings
- Remain up to date with developments in training profession and issues related to CSEC by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
- Providing general administrative assistance and support
- Overseeing all event logistics including catering, rental, music, printed materials, audiovisual equipment, etc.
- Creating and sending out course evaluation (feedback) questionnaires following training courses and compiling / communicating feedback.
- Manage logistics related to Training Department and GEMS training contracts
- Collaborate with the Training Director to provide follow-up technical assistance to recipient organizations
- Monitoring event budgets and reporting on budget progress.
- Troubleshooting technical issues with online training
- Printing of training support materials / handouts for training courses, and assisting with the creation or formatting of these when relevant
- Manage and troubleshoot the implementation of the T/TA plan for recipient organizations
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Eligible to work in U.S.
- Experience in providing training to the public
- Experience in providing technical support prior or during training sessions
- Experience with youth services
- Comfortable planning events for large groups
- Experience with event planning, project management, curriculum development, and , technical assistance provision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a sharp, self- motivated, proactive worker
- Must have sound judgment and common sense
|Attention to Detail||Attitude Toward Others||Emotional Control|
|Empathetic Outlook||Excellent written and verbal communication||Flexibility|
|Following Directions||Initiative||Meeting Standards|
|Multitasking||Personal Accountability||Project/Task and Goals Focus|
|Respect for Policies||Team Player|
GEMS Core Values
|Development Grounded||Trauma Informed||Culturally Competent|
|Gender Responsive||Strengths Based||Social Justice Oriented|
|Survivor Leadership||Transformative Relationship|
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirement with Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator in the subject line to our Operations Department email@example.com. WE WILL BE REVIEWING ONLY THOSE RESUMES WITH SALARY REQUIREMENT INCLUDED. No phone calls please!
SURVIVORS; FORMERLY INCARCERATED AND WOMEN OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY