Technical and Training Assistant
Position Summary: The Technical and Training Assistant is responsible for supporting the Technical and Training Department with all aspects of administrative and office support activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities: This statement of duties is for purpose of identifying this position but it is not limited to:
- Responsible for coordinating the pre-training logistics of the department:
- Hotel arrangements
- Ordering training supplies
- Shipping materials to venue site
- Assisting with sending out appropriate pre-training information to attendees
- In collaboration with the Technical and Training Assistance Coordinators, responsible for ensuring that all training rooms; equipments; catering arrangement and other requirements are booked up or canceled in advance.
- Printing up of training support material/handouts for training courses, and assisting with the creation or formatting of these where relevant.
- Responsible for keeping training records and files up to date.
- Responsible for processing expense/debit transactions
- Responsible for maintaining department protocols & processes:
- Training request
- Training attendees
- Payments & contracts
- Responsible for assisting the department with the creation of PowerPoint presentations; Excel reports; mass mailing/mail merge, etc.
- Responsible for keeping department supply inventory up to date and for placing any requests for additional supplies.
- Ensuring approval of all supply requests
- Responsible for answering phone calls, route calls and/or take messages
- Responsible for post-training responsibilities such as:
- Data entry of training evaluations
- Notes from training
- Invoice & Final payments
- Recording all training attendance
- Updating Database with new contact information
- Responsible for other technical and training administrative tasks not covered by the above.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience; Bachelors degree preferred.
- Eligible to work in USA
- 1 – 3 years of administrative experience
- Commitment to the vision and mission of Girls Educational and Mentoring Services (GEMS)
- Knowledge, background and/or an investment in women’s right advocacy, cultural consciousness and competency preferred
- Knowledge of issues related to trafficking and gender-based violence preferred
- Mid-Level experience with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint
- Typing skills with at least 80 WPM.
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone system.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
|Attention to Detail||Attitude Toward Others||Emotional Control|
|Empathetic Outlook||Excellent written and verbal communication||Flexibility|
|Following Directions||Initiative||Meeting Standards|
|Multitasking||Personal Accountability||Project/Task and Goals Focus|
|Respect for Policies||Team Player|
GEMS Core Values
|Development Grounded||Trauma Informed||Culturally Competent|
|Gender Responsive||Strengths Based||Social Justice Oriented|
|Survivor Leadership||Transformative Relationship|
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement with Technical and Training Associate in the subject line to our Operations Department firstname.lastname@example.org. WE WILL BE REVIEWING ONLY THOSE RESUMES WITH SALARY REQUIREMENT INCLUDED. No phone calls please!
SURVIVORS AND WOMEN OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!