Support Services Director
Position Summary: The Support Services Director oversees the agency’s direct services with sexually exploited girls and young women including crisis, case management, and support groups; defender based alternative sentencing and youth programming. The Support Services Director will ensure high quality of program delivery and is passionate about supporting girls and young women exiting the commercial sex industry. The Support Services Director will oversee a team of direct service departments and be responsible for program delivery, outcomes measurement, and tracking as well as strategizing about new programming and meeting emerging needs of sexually exploited youth. The support Services Director will also be a member of the Senior Management Team.
Tasks and Responsibilities: This statement of duties is for purpose of identifying this position but it is not limited to:
- Plan The Programs
- Plan the delivery of GEMS programs including its activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the Organization.
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of GEMS.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term goals and objectives to guarantee the success of GEMS programs
- Develop policies and procedures to enable GEMS programs to run effectively
- In consultation with the Chief Programs Officer, develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of GEMS programs and areas of improvement
- Plan the delivery of public presentations
- Work with Senior Management to provide the best possible services
- Organize The Programs
- Ensure that programs activities operate within the policies and procedures of GEMS.
- Ensure that programs activities are in compliance with all relevant legislation and funding requirements
- Develop forms and records to document programs activities
- Oversee the structure and operation of programs and day to day activities
- Supervise programmatic growth and development
- Staff The Programs
- In consultation with Chief Programs Officer and in collaboration Chief Operations Officer, will identify staffing needs.
- Oversee that the departmental staff are in compliance with GEMS human resources policies, procedures and practices.
- In consultation with the Chief Operations Officer will conduct, oversee and/or guide performance evaluations.
- Engage volunteers to appropriate program activities.
- Coordinate appropriate professional development for the Department
- Keep staff and volunteers updated on various policy issues and on individual members cases
- Lead The Programs
- Ensure all staff personnel receive orientation and appropriate training whenever necessary and in accordance with GEMS protocols and procedures
- Supervise staff by providing guidance, input and feedback.
- Communicate with community stakeholders to gain community support of GEMS programs.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Control The Programs
- Write reports on the programs for executive team and funders
- Ensure that the programs operate within the approved budget
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct quarterly evaluation accordingly to GEMS program evaluation framework.
- Report evaluation finding to the Chief Programs Officers and recommend changes to enhance the programs as needed.
- Monitor monthly statistics, case notes, and provide evaluation reports on a monthly basis
- Compile Board updates on a monthly basis
- Troubleshoot with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Programs Officer to resolve program difficulties or to enhance the program to run effectively
- Master’s Degree required
- Eligible to work in USA
- Eligible to supervise MSW staff/interns
- At least 3-5 years of work with youth, including increasing responsibilities
- At least 3-5 years of experience supervising and managing staff, interns, and volunteers at a social service or social justice nonprofit agency
- At least 3 years of experience with coalition-building and policy advocacy
- Knowledge, background and an investment in women’s right advocacy, cultural consciousness and competency
- Extensive knowledge of issues related to trafficking and gender-based violence, comprehensive programming, court systems (criminal and family court)
- Knowledge of the legal system and ability to navigate bureaucracies
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office and social service databases
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills and leadership qualities.
- Some experience with community based presentations, media, and public relations preferred
- Experience working with multiple staff, volunteers, and program responsibilities
- Strong administrative and organization skills
- Ability to work flexible hour including some evenings and weekends
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple time –sensitive tasks
|Attention to Detail||Attitude Toward Others||Emotional Control|
|Empathetic Outlook||Excellent written and verbal communication||Flexibility|
|Following Directions||Initiative||Meeting Standards|
|Multitasking||Personal Accountability||Project/Task and Goals Focus|
|Respect for Policies||Team Player||Excellent Administrative Duties|
GEMS Core Values
|Development Grounded||Trauma Informed||Culturally Competent|
|Gender Responsive||Strengths Based||Social Justice Oriented|
|Survivor Leadership||Transformative Relationship|
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter explaining why you would like to work at GEMS and how your skills and expertise will make a contribution to our mission; resume and salary requirement with Support Services Director in the subject line to our Operations Department email@example.com. CANIDATE MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO SUPERVISE MSW STAFF/INTERNS .
WE WILL BE REVIEWING ONLY THOSE RESUMES WITH SALARY REQUIREMENT INCLUDED. No phone calls please!
SURVIVORS AND WOMEN OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!