Support Services Coordinator
The Support Services Coordinator is responsible for working directly with GEMS members who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation and trafficking. Our members are girls and young women, ages 12-24, mostly from NYC, and have experienced homelessness, trauma, and systems involvement. The Coordinator is responsible for providing counseling, comprehensive case management and advocacy services; serves not only as a case manager, but as an advocate, ally, counselor, and a support system for young women in crisis. The Support Services Coordinator will be an essential part of the support service team and the overall Program Department.
Tasks and Responsibilities: This statement of duties is for purpose of identifying this position but it is not limited to:
- Responsible for providing holistic and comprehensive trauma-informed case management to the members.
- Build relationships and trust with traumatized and disenfranchised young women ages 12-24.
- Ensure safety of residents and promote self-empowerment.
- Facilitate youth support groups and independent life skills and recreational groups as needed.
- In collaboration with the Support Service Manager and the Chief Program Officer, coordinate physical and mental health assessment of each youth to ensure all needs are being met and treatment service delivery is followed through accordingly.
- Coordinate the referrals to community resources and facility connections to treatment services identified.
- Coordinate referrals to school, medical, dental, psych services, job placement, and others, depending on the need of each youth.
- Set and contribute to a safe, nurturing and welcoming atmosphere and adhere to program policies and procedures.
- Serve as a role model- guiding and empowering members and facilitating appropriate behavior around daily living skills, self-care, personal interaction, social relationships and constructive time management.
- Provide mediation and conflict resolution as appropriate, to address all conflict and safety concerns in the space.
- Meet with members at least twice weekly.
- Conduct home visits, medical, hospital, and dental visits with youth as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining thorough and accurate records, case files, assessments, required forms/consents/HIPAA, expense reports, check requests, correspondence, and reporting summaries; complete necessary documentation in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- Document all meetings and progress on case management notes of member’s activities and maintain members’ records.
- Participate in main office events, bi-weekly staff meetings, and collaboration with all GEMS staff and members.
- Respond to crisis as needed and respond appropriately to emergencies including contacting appropriate staff, being available on weekends and evenings for crisis intervention
- Maintain relationships, collaborations and linkages with CBO’s and other related service providers identified and/or approved by the department.
- Promote the cooperative, harmonious, teamwork and professional environment GEMS strives to maintain within the workplace.
- Promote an atmosphere of dignity and respect in line within the philosophy and policies of GEMS to all residential and staff
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field of study with equivalent clinical and professional experience. Master’s degree with clinical component highly preferred.
- Eligible to work in US
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with youth and sensitivity to the needs of sexually exploited young women.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with mental health related issues, complex trauma, substance abuse, court involved youth, LGBTQ youth, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS, child welfare related issues and crisis intervention techniques.
- A minimum of 1 year of prior case management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate small groups and workshops.
- Ability to work a minimum of three (3) times a week and be available for crisis as needed.
|Attention to Detail||Attitude Toward Others||Emotional Control|
|Empathetic Outlook||Excellent written and verbal communication||Flexibility|
|Following Directions||Initiative||Meeting Standards|
|Multitasking||Personal Accountability||Project/Task and Goals Focus|
|Respect for Policies||Team Player||Excellent Administrative Duties|
GEMS Core Values
|Development Grounded||Trauma Informed||Culturally Competent|
|Gender Responsive||Strengths Based||Social Justice Oriented|
|Survivor Leadership||Transformative Relationship|
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirement with Support Services Coordinator in the subject line to our Operations Department email@example.com. WE WILL BE REVIEWING ONLY THOSE RESUMES WITH SALARY REQUIREMENT INCLUDED. No phone calls please!
SURVIVORS AND WOMEN OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!