This is a temporary position
Position Summary: The Operations Assistant is responsible for assisting the Operations Department and provides administrative support related to the day to day aspects of Human Resources Management; Office Management; Facility Management and Office Technology. This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities: This statement of duties is for purpose of identifying this position but it is not limited to:
- Office Management
- Assist with infrastructures and the effectiveness of interdepartmental communications and relationships
- With COO approvals manage all purchasing: office and facility supplies; equipments, etc. Responsible for getting the bids and navigating the internal system to determine if funding is available; contract requirement for the purchasing; etc.
- Responsible for managing the maintenance of office equipments; including placing service calls and ordering supplies.
- Responsible for managing accurate inventories of office; facility; and equipment supplies
- Responsible for managing record management
- Responsible for managing forms management
- Responsible for managing the alarm system and its maintenance
- Responsible for managing the transferring and disposal of records according to retention scheduled and policies.
- Facility Management
- Monitor space improvement needs of the organization.
- Monitor mechanical; electrical and HVAC systems updates and maintenance to guarantee the efficiencies of these systems.
- Keep open and professional communications with vendors.
- Monitor, schedule and coordinator all exterminator visits, fire extinguisher inspections, etc.
- Keep track of software and hardware log inventories.
- In collaboration with COO handles IT issues and properly reports this to the IT team; track open ticket until the issue is resolved.
- In collaboration with COO handles al telecommunication issues and follow through until issue is resolved.
- Responsible for managing the phone system including reset of passwords and extension transfers and/or swaps
Additional tasks include:
- Support and coordinate fundraising volunteers
- Work with other members of the development team to enhance, coordinate, and provide support for independent screening events
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s preferred
- Eligible to work in the country
- At least 5 – 8 years of relevant experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization
- Advance knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Unparalleled organizational skills and demonstrated ability to implement new systems that keeps an office running smoothly.
- Basic knowledge of HR administration
- Ability to handle confidential matters
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to set goals and exceed them with a positive, high-achieving attitude
- Experience managing outsourced vendors.
|Attention to Detail||Attitude Toward Others||Emotional Control|
|Empathetic Outlook||Excellent written and verbal communication||Flexibility|
|Following Directions||Initiative||Meeting Standards|
|Multitasking||Personal Accountability||Project/Task and Goals Focus|
|Respect for Policies||Team Player|
GEMS Core Values
|Development Grounded||Trauma Informed||Culturally Competent|
|Gender Responsive||Strengths Based||Social Justice Oriented|
|Survivor Leadership||Transformative Relationship|
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirement with Temp. Operations Assistant in the subject line to email@example.com. WE WILL BE REVIEWING ONLY THOSE RESUMES WITH SALARY REQUIREMENT INCLUDED. No phone calls please!
SURVIVORS AND WOMEN OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!