Position Summary:The HR Manager will perform tasks and manage projects to help meet the organization’s long-term goals related to long term HR goals and will manage all aspects of a growing HR program.The ideal candidate must be comfortable prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, be adept at managing process change, and have a system-thinking orientation. The HR Manager is part Operations team and also works collaboratively with members of the staff in all areas of the organization.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities: This statement of duties is for purpose of identifying this position but it is not limited to:
- Implement, manage, and improve recruitment process, including sourcing, scheduling, and conducting interviews
- Coordinate and assist with hiring and new employee orientation
- Help develop and implement an organizational culture that promotes our core values
- Manage all facets of the organizational benefits programs
- Establish and maintain personnel records and create personnel reports as needed
- Maintain 401k records and create monthly benefits reports
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll using Paychex system
- Partner with third party benefits vendors and brokers to install and maintain GEMS benefits plans
- Develop a strong employer brand by promoting a strong and collaborative work environment through various initiatives such as monthly staff newsletters and recognition programs.
- Assist with the development and execution of internal and external employee development and training opportunities.
- Manage office operation systems including, but not limited to, timekeeping system, VoIP phone system, and office calendar.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eligible to work in U.S.
- 4+ years of work experience.
- 2 years of HR/operations experience.
- Experience designing and refining processes.
- Experience implementing technology solutions for HR
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office products like Word, Excel, SharePoint Designer, and PowerPoint.
- Savvy with systems management, experience with an ATS a plus
- Ability to work independently, take direction from others, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to the vision and mission of Girls Educational and Mentoring Services
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions and communicates changes effectively
- Produced high quality work under pressure and short deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to effectively balance task-oriented and process-oriented duties.
- Manages competing demands.
|Attention to Detail||Attitude Toward Others||Emotional Control|
|Empathetic Outlook||Excellent written and verbal communication||Flexibility|
|Following Directions||Initiative||Meeting Standards|
|Multitasking||Personal Accountability||Project/Task and Goals Focus|
|Respect for Policies||Team Player||Excellent Administrative Duties|
GEMS Core Values
|Development Grounded||Trauma Informed||Culturally Competent|
|Gender Responsive||Strengths Based||Social Justice Oriented|
|Survivor Leadership||Transformative Relationship|
How to Apply:
Please email on PDF or MS Word format a cover letter explaining why you would like to work at GEMS and how your experience and expertise will help us carry on with our mission; also send resume and salary requirement with HR Manager in the subject line to our Operations Department firstname.lastname@example.org. WE WILL BE REVIEWING ONLY THOSE RESUMES WITH SALARY REQUIREMENT INCLUDED. No phone calls please!
SURVIVORS; FORMERLY INCARCERATED AND WOMEN OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!