Position Summary: The Clinical Manager is responsible for the daily planning, coordination, monitoring and overseeing clinical aspects of GEMS programs as well as, supervising and providing support to staff. The role of the Clinical Manager includes overseeing the clinical operations for participants and staff.
Tasks and Responsibilities: This statement of duties is for purpose of identifying this position but it is not limited to:
Personnel and Management
- Manage clinical supervision and support of programmatic staff
- Provide ongoing training and ensure open staff communication on clinical related matters
- Make recommendations to the Support Services Director for staffing needs: clinical counseling; self-care approach, etc
- In collaboration with the Outcomes and Evaluations Manager guarantee that data is accurately collected and entered in our database
- Responsible for monitoring records accuracy, case files, correspondence reporting summaries, and statistics; complete necessary documentation in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- In collaboration with the Support Services Director and Chief Operating Officer formulates operations policy/practices and generating operations decisions
- In collaboration with the Support Services Director manage emergencies
- Promote the cooperative, harmonious, teamwork environment GEMS creates within the workplace.
- Promote an atmosphere of dignity and respect in line within the philosophy, values and policies of GEMS.
- Ensure accurate, appropriate and timely completion of case notes by staff.
Clinical & Technical
- Build relationships and trust with girls and young women who have experienced PTSD
- Monitor health care resources
- Assume leadership role to achieve optimal clinical outcomes and resource utilization
- Assess emotional and mental status of the members to better determine the personalized approached and plan that should be in place for the individual
- Support the realization of participants individualized goal plans
- Document all meetings and progress on case management notes of participants activities and maintain participants records
- Respond to crisis as needed and respond appropriately to emergencies including contacting appropriate staff, interacting with police, fire, and medical personal as needed
- Serve as a role model – guiding and empowering members and facilitating appropriate behavior around daily living skills, self-care, personal interaction, social relationships and constructive time management
- Make recommendations for improving member satisfaction.
- Ensure the confidentiality of member files including medical records, if any.
- Manage the day-to-day utilization of clinic resources available in the organization
Meetings & Reporting
- Attend regular management and team meetings and other meetings, as requested.
- Prepare and present periodic reports, findings and recommendations regarding technical operations to the Management Team
- Work with the Fiscal and Program Department in the completion of contracts reporting as needed
- Master’s degree required in social work or related field of study.
- Eligible to work in U.S
- At least 3-5 years of prior experience working with youth required.
- At least 3-5 years of prior experience managing a holistic clinical program is required, both with direct service and in operations.
- At least 2 years of experience working with mental health related issues, complex trauma, substance abuse, court involved youth, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS related issues and crisis intervention techniques.
- Sensitivity to the needs of runaway; homeless and commercially sexually exploited.
- Supervisory experience required
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate small group process.
|Attention to Detail||Attitude Toward Others||Emotional Control|
|Empathetic Outlook||Excellent written and verbal communication||Flexibility|
|Following Directions||Initiative||Meeting Standards|
|Multitasking||Personal Accountability||Project/Task and Goals Focus|
|Respect for Policies||Team Player||Excellent Administrative Duties|
GEMS Core Values
|Development Grounded||Trauma Informed||Culturally Competent|
|Gender Responsive||Strengths Based||Social Justice Oriented|
|Survivor Leadership||Transformative Relationship|
How to Apply:
Please email on PDF or MS Word format a cover letter explaining why you would like to work at GEMS and how your experience and expertise will help us carry on with our mission; also send resume and salary requirement with Clinical Manager in the subject line to our Operations Department email@example.com. WE WILL BE REVIEWING ONLY THOSE RESUMES WITH SALARY REQUIREMENT INCLUDED. No phone calls please!
SURVIVORS AND WOMEN OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!